The following items are required each day your child attends. Please label all items with the child’s name.
- A healthy snack and drink for mid-morning snack time. The snack should consist of finger food that the child can eat independently.
- A healthy lunch and drink. The lunch should consist of finger foods that the child can eat by independently. The teacher / aide will assist in opening any items. Please refrain from packing any candy, messy items or food that will stain clothing or carpet.
- Non slick, closed-toe shoes. No sandals or crocs.
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes to include shirt, pants, underwear and socks.
- Weather appropriate outerwear, including jacket, coat, boots, gloves, and hat. Most classes will go outside even if it is just for a few minutes – see Playground Information in the Parent Handbook
- Apply sunscreen before bringing your child to school.
- A crib-size sheet and blanket for rest time.
Younger students (3 ½ and younger)
- Toilet training children should bring 2 -3 changes of clothing. Please dress your child in elastic waist pants. Please inform your child’s teacher if your child is toilet training and any special procedures you may have.
- Five (5) disposable diapers and a container of wipes are needed for children in diapers. Please label each diaper with the child’s name.
- Please do not bring any toys from home unless it is for a special occasion like ‘show and share’. We cannot be responsible for lost items. The only exception would be a “snuggly” for nap time.
On occasion, space may be available for your child to drop-in to their classroom on a day they do not normally attend. If you are interested in this program, please complete the ‘drop-in’ form and give it to an office staff member. We will then call you when space is available. The cost is $45.00 per day due the day you drop-in.
If your child will be out of school for vacation, please let us know. Advance notice of such absences will enable us to offer a drop-in spot to another child. Please note that we do not credit families for vacation absences.
Little Blessings follows the school closure and delayed start schedule for Douglas County High School. If the High School is closed or delayed – so are we.
Douglas County follows a 90 minute delayed start – Little Blessings will begin at 10:30am on delayed start days.
Check the following sources to find out if we’re closed or on delayed start due to weather. The television stations will scroll the information across the bottom of the screen.
* Local Denver Channels: 9 or 7 or 4